Thursday, January 6, 2011

IDream Prompt #1


IDream-
Of someday becoming a mother. I know at this point in our marriage my husband and I are not quite ready to have a baby but we are both very excited to become parents one day.

From a very young age my grandma informed me that she was a mother of 13 children. Since that day I decided 13 it is! I wanted to be just like her in every way. I thought that being able to have 13 babies was pretty amazing. Now that i'm a little older I still think it's amazing and that she is probably the best mother I will ever have the chance of knowing but I also realize that it's probably not a realistic dream anymore, but I won't let that stop me from wanting children.

The dictionary defines a mother as someone who has given birth to a child. Being a mother means so much more to me. It's hearing that heart beat for the first time, to waking up in the middle of the night to comfort them, hearing them say mommy and sooner or later helping them learn to walk.

The miracle of life is so incredible. I can't even grasp what truly takes place. I just know that the feeling of holding that little piece of Brandon and I is going to be the best thing we have ever done.

So here's to you my precious unborn dream; We can't wait to welcome you into our family someday. We can't wait to kiss your little nose and hold you in our arms. We promise to try and be the best parents that we can for you.
We love you!

Love,
Me

1 comment: